Sunday, May 22, 2011

resting up, but for what?

I'd planned to be training still, but I've been so tired from the antibiotics that I gave myself the week off from doing anything physical. It's much needed because last week I had this weird foot thing going on (finally got an x-ray and no, its not a stress fracture, but I'm going to blame it on the cipro, which I'm now off of) and a whole lotta celebratory craziness. I finally graduated, b2b, my birthday, all that jazz and then some. and because the antibiotics are killing me. I just generally feel like crap all the time and there's no end in sight so I do try and be social but sometimes it just doesn't work. last night I went out to a party and it was a fabulous crowd with good music, good food and amazing dancing. I love to dance, more than anything, and it usually kills any funk but last night I could hardly pick up my feet, I was that tired. My stomach was all twisted up in knots to the point that I could hardly stand upright. I left early and spent til about 4am puking. awesome. what a great weekend. I'm burned out on this, for sure, I've already done this being sick thing and I'm really ready to dive into living but every time I make the move too, some weird sickness rears its ugly head.
but the puking has me thinking. 90% of the immune system lays in intestinal health and if the antibiotics--already. one week into the six week course--has me this tired and in this much abdominal pain, how much harm are they causing? its a necessary evil right now, I know. and I know that its much easier to balance out my gut in five weeks than it would be to stay off them and let the lyme run rampant, but. its really hard. I'm really tired and I don't want to fight so hard anymore for the little things, for putting one foot in front of another. It feels like I'll never get on my feet this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment