Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I think that I keep coming back to this, but here it is again.

I started this blog when I was running a lot, thinking that it would be a good place to put down all the ideas I had while running but then I got sick, I got injured, I got sick, I didn't have time and each time I had to take a break from running, I also took a break from blogging. And often returned to running long before I returned to blogging again.

In the past nine year, when I hardly ran or blogged at all, something shifted and I began to understand that me, meditating was helping me while running. Me, doing pilates or training? Helping me to run. Me, writing and me, working and me, hanging out with friends is all a part of me, running as the running feeds the writing, readies me for meditation, makes me alert when I work. It is like, when I first started pilates a decade ago and I first began to really understand that if the wrist hurts, I should look at the alignment of the neck and that the ankle bone truly is connected to the hip bone only now I am understanding the holistic connection all aspects of my life feeding each other. As my understanding of this shifts, so has this blog. One, I am finally really excited about writing it because I know that I will discover things that are beneath the surface of my consciousness in my understanding of the body and healing and also, because what this blog is in my mind has shifted into an exploration of the interaction of the layers of physical and spiritual or energetic vitality. It sits at the intersection of all the work that I do: writing, pilates and reiki/qigong/craniosacral and I am really looking forward to understanding how they all feed each other.

Conveniently, this shift happened at the end of 2012 so I can commit to blogging at least once a week and feel like I have a fresh start to it.  I am looking forward to 2013 in such a big way!

No comments:

Post a Comment