Monday, February 4, 2013

Learning to listen with my hands

Learning CranioSacral therapy has really been about learning to listen with my hands.

It's learning to touch again and to become aware of the space where the palms of my hands and your flesh connect and to let your body speak. Rather, to learn how to listen to what it has been saying.

The touch is like melding with the surface tension of water--not breaking through the surface tension and not merely touching the very superficial skin of the surface tension but melding with it. When the touch is right, when my hand is melded then all the life within the water, everything below the surface tension in the body of water, explodes into communication with my hands. It is exquisite to experience.

I have been giving a lot of sessions lately and I absolutely love it. As the sessions go on, the sensitivity of my hands increases--it is almost as if the your body and my hands are developing a clear language between the two. This is really different than Reiki. With Reiki, when I give a session, my hands are on the person before me but the work is in allowing the energy or light to pass through me and into the receiver. I take no information from the person before me so every body feels exactly the same to me though the sessions feel different in how the energy moves. CranioSacral sessions, on the other hand, are exactly about me reading the body and I am learning just haw incredibly uniquely different we all are.

Today, I worked on a dancer with some low back pain. Towards the middle of the session, I was working on her sacrum and ASIS and all of a sudden, her sacrum settled into my hand and it began to breath and it felt like holding harmony. She had a huge sigh and said that that was an incredibly release and I moved on to work on her head. This is why I love craniosacral work--because it is so gentle and yet produces such incredible ease of being for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment