Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ugh. the catarrh.

I've been sluggish and feverish and this chest thing that I've had and never quite gotten rid of is back with a vengeance. I checked in with my naturopath and also with my chi nei tsang practitioner, and both yelled at me to go get some antibiotics. (I have a huge resistance to antibiotics. I moved home from NYC when I was 25 because I was so sick. nothing left, type of sick. skeletally thin, hair falling out, yellowed eyes, creaky, broken body, couldn't remember my sister's name sick. Sick. I had a PICC line in and hooked up to an IV twice a day. Granted, the antibiotics saved my life, but they also gave me a whole host of other problems and I'd be happy to never go back on them again.)

ok, ok, I said and dragged my feet over the the medical clinic. I shoulda just listened to my mom and gone days earlier.

I just got back from the doc's armed with antibiotics and mildly concerned because my doc was concerned that it won't go away.

I'm super bummed about this because these two amazing artists who run got me signed up for my first race. A 5k, but still. I signed up and everything. And its this Sunday and I will STILL be on antibiotics. eeeergh. I'm going to make it work, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment